Feystown clachan is located in the townland of Clady (parish of Tickmacrevan) in Glenarm.
According to local sources there had been a cluster of houses here in earlier times situated beside the former, Feystown Chapel. The name Feystown was derived from the name of one of the tenants in the early 19th century by the name of Fey or O'Fey.
A field survey revealed that all exists of the original chapel and dwellings today are wallsteads shown in the photographs and sketch map below. But as you can see, these are somewhat sparse and overgrown.
The present day Feystown Chapel replaced the original chapel in approximately 1828. The information contained in the links on the right of this page confirms that the clachan had ceased to exist by the middle of the nineteenth century, if not earlier.
Strictly speaking, this clachan does not meet our criteria for inclusion viz. visible, clusters of houses lived in today or buildings or ruins that had been occupied in relatively, recent times. Nevertheless, because it is still referred to in the area as Feystown clachan, we decided to include it.